Tuesday, December 7, 2010

November Update

Whoop-c-daisies! November just FLEW by. We had a great month and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Wait back up.... yes, I did it again and sewed Halloween costumes for all of us. I kinda cheated though cause Brian wanted to be a knight again so I didn't make a new costume for Dusty. But he made himself a broad sword so I made a sheath for it. You can't see it very well but I made a Dragon costume for Nathan. I just didn't want to cover up all that hair with the hood. Also mid-September Dusty made me a deal that if I lost 12 pounds before Halloween, he would buy me a treadmill. I did it! (We decided to keep our eyes open for a really nice one on sale so we might wait till after the new year to get it) Okay... now to November.

I am loving preschool with Brian. He's really catching on to letters and sounds and he just lights up every time he sees a B. I got him some Leap Frog videos for Christmas. Love them!
I braved the crowds on black Friday and got most of my Christmas shopping done but the main reason I got up at 4:30am was for a new computer (the motherboard crashed on my other one-frown).
We took Nathan in for his 4-month check up and he weighed in at just under 19 pounds! He is LOVING solid foods. I wish I would have gotten a video of his 1st couple of feedings. He would literally lunge forward for the next bite.


And the biggest news of November is.... dun dun dun... Samantha is potty-trained!!! Yay Sam! I started the week of Thanksgiving thinking we would be home most of the time which was true. We kept improving until she had the perfect day and then the very next day she had 4 or 5 accidents! grr I was ready to pull out the diapers but I just kept washing out panties and it paid off. A few more accidents and now she's really got it. No luck with night time though... any ideas?

2 comments:

Kierstin said...

cute blog Melanie, your kids are getting big. I will have to send you an invite to mine.

Pughs said...

Brandon still doesn't do nights. I think some kids just have a harder time at night.
Congrats on the day though!
Miss you!