Monday, November 26, 2012

Gratitude

I have so many blessings!  I was especially grateful for my mother this Thanksgiving.  Being 9 months pregnant, the thought of preparing for a thanksgiving feast along with all the cleaning for company was completely overwhelming to me.  Words can't describe how nice it was for me to be able to drive a mile over to my parents beautiful home and enjoy such a family holiday without a care (okay, I brought the ice cream).  Especially so close to my due date, our Thanksgiving dinner would have been significantly less enjoyable had I been left to my own devices.
I shared my gratitude with my mom and tried to find words to express to her how incredibly nice it was for me not to have to worry about things and still be able to enjoy such a wonderful holiday.  Her reply was simply, "at least someone appreciates it."  I'm sure this was in part her attempt at modesty but it occurred to me how little mothers, and even grandmothers receive in return for their limitless service.  The best part is how mothers don't often seem to mind or even notice the lack of thanks and praise in their lives.  They would do it all again in a heartbeat.  I am so grateful for my mothers and grandmothers and their endless love and service and I hope to be able to emulate them.

With that said, my one contribution to the holiday was these super amazing paper cornucopia name cards and I helped set the table.  These pictures were taken by my sister, Sarah- fantastic!






No comments: