Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Life at Home

These are a few of the things I have been doing since losing my job the first of March.  While our financial situation isn't the best, I have to admit that it has been such a blessing to be home with my children and husband.  I've noticed an improvement in the kids' behavior.  I've been able to start working on some little pre-school things with Samantha and we are s-l-o-w-l-y limiting our dependence on screen time (movies, Wii, Ipad etc.).  Thank goodness we never had cable TV to combat with!
While I am still having issues with my gall bladder and the normal morning sickness that comes with being pregnant, I have to say that most days are pretty good.  I definitely have days when all I want to do is go back to bed, and other days when I'm down right depressed about food and my seemingly un-working body, most of the time I am able to see very clearly just how blessed I am.

I have been able to spend a lot of time outside weeding flower beds and mowing lawns.
I have been able to spend a lot of time sewing which is something I have always really enjoyed doing but never found the time.
I have been able to spend time researching foods that are healthy for me and experiment with new recipes (like fat-free cookies!) in order to eat to keep my gall bladder from acting up and keep my insulin resistance under control.  This is probably the biggest blessing I see from losing my job.  I would have never been able to focus so much if I had still been running from appointment to appointment.

Some of the projects on my list of things to do:
Paint the bathroom
Weed the "hill" under our pine tree on the corner.  I have tried and failed multiple times to landscape the area... any ideas?
Sew!!!  I have so many more sewing projects i want to do including some re-purposing and a baby quilt.
Play with my kids!!!  It has been so nice to feel like I have the time to sit and build legos with Brian, drive cars with Nathan, pretend with Samantha and who knows... I may even get brave enough to get on the trampoline with them this summer!
Here are a few pictures of some of my recent projects. A silly picture of the kids during family night (they were all lined up an my feet) and our new dog Rusty.






1 comment:

Q and Amy said...

Oh my word I am so out of the loop! You are expecting again? Do you have 3 dogs now? The kids are getting so big. I miss Idaho so much. I loved the summers up there. I try and head somewhere north during the weekends. It is just too hot here in the summer. I miss you all terribly. Hope all is going well for you.