Sunday, August 17, 2008

Update

So it's 2:00am and I just got Samantha back to sleep and decided it was time to check on my blog. I'll probable be regretting it tomorrow... Life is slowly getting more sane but Monday I go back to work so we'll see how well Samantha decides to sleep. I'm trying to get her on a schedule-which means you have to make her wait to eat until it's time to eat not when she thinks she's hungry. Yesterday it worked awesome and she slept all night but today...

Meanwhile, life goes on at the Allen house. Dusty's trying to decide if he wants to finish his teaching degree at BYU-I or do something other than teaching. I was one of those insane people that always knew what I wanted to do and I went and did it (As far as educaiton goes) so I'm trying REALLY hard to be patient while Dusty decides what he wants to do when he grows up. ;) He is really an awesome daddy and super good for me. I've been really tense lately with getting ready to go back to work and everytime I feel like I'm just going to flip out, I just take one look at him and he brings me back to earth.
I found a "nanny" for Brian and Samantha while I'm at work. Her name is Evelyn. She's a fresh out of high school, college bound, fun loving young adult. She's way cute and when she came over for the first time she reminded me of Cari on "The Incredibles". "I can totally handle anything your kids can dish out Melanie, just go." Needless to say I'm a little bit of a control freak. Hopefully someday I'll be a little calmer.
I really wanted to do a cute post with some pictures with a theme and the perfect captions but I know you're all dying for more so here's a couple...




This is Samantha in her blessing dress. It's the dress I wore when I was blessed (super neat)! We blessed her on August 3rd.



Brian was beggin for a slumber party but I put my foot down. Everyone sleeps in their own bed in this house.


Okay, so Samantha pretty much sleeps anywhere except mom and dad's bed. (This is Sam's Grandpa Fillmore pretending to be asleep too.)



I know this picture is totally random. This is our friend Burgess entertaining our guests at our get-to-gether after Sam's blessing. This kids thought it was the best trick ever.






Brian is such a proud big brother! He always wants to hold "mantha". We're working on the "sam" part.







3 comments:

Bethany said...

Cute cute cute baby girl. Brian looks so proud to have a little sister. Good luck going back to work. You're in my prayers. Love ya!

taggdarci said...

Mel, how fun - I'm glad that you got some more pictures posted. I was sad we missed her blessing, my cousin blessed her twins that same day. Anyway, I hope things go well when you go back to work - let me know if you need anything! I still need to get your gift to you, sheesh, she's not going to be able to wear it if I don't hurry and drop it off. :o)

sharpfamiy said...

What cute kidos! Your pictures are adorable. Good work on the blog. It looks great. See ya at church!
Heather