Saturday, January 24, 2009

BitterSweet

One of my paraprofessionals went on a vacation to Las Vegas and brought back a couple of things for us to try-dried Dragonfruit and freeze-dried Rambutan (I think that's how you spell it)--a really spiky flower/fruit from Thiland. Dragonfruit is very bitter and the Rambutan very sweet.
Our week was that way-
I have decided not to return to work full time next school year. A decision that has me elated to be able to stay home with my two amazing kids but a little sad to leave the students and quite a bit nervous about how health insurance, retirement and all those bills are going to be paid. Every time I have felt nervous, however, I have felt wonderful reassurance and faith that we have made the right decision.
Then, on Wed. we recieved news that the twins Darci (my sister-in-law) was carrying passed away. She was 5 months pregnant. The twins were having problems and while Ben and Darci were trying to decide how best to help them, they passed away. They decided to bring them here to Rigby to bury with the family so next Monday we'll have little memorial service.
While we haven't met Hunter David and Reece Matthew, we still feel the loss and perhaps more, the loss of Darci. I am amazed at the love you can feel for two wonderful spirits without really knowing them. But then again, I think the reason we feel such a loss is because we DO know them. I find my self wondering what Hunter and David did in the pre-existance to ensure their exaultation. I know where they are along with my grandpas and I hope to also qualify for such a blessing.
Opposition is indeed bittersweet but if I had to eat a dragonfruit in order to taste a Rambutan, I'd take the dragonfruit.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh poor Darci. Please tell her I'm so sorry. My prayers are with your family as I'm sure everyone is saddened. I'm excited you get to stay home with your kiddies next year!! Love and miss you!

Pughs said...

I'm so glad that you will get to stay home with your kids. I know I really enjoy getting to spend time with Brandon. I'm sorry about Darci's loss, I can't imagine how hard it would be. Let me know if you need anything. Love ya!